Thursday, August 27, 2009

Douglas: "I'm not running for President!"

So now that Governor Jim Douglas has said he won't run for governor again, what will the longtime Vermont Public servant do?

"I'm not running for the U.S. Senate,the U.S. House or any other statewide office in 2010. However, for the the next 16 months, I am running state government."

Douglas said he won't even go after the big office!

"I know there'll be some speulation as to what is next, so I want to lay a few questions to rest immediately. I am not running for President. Dorothy has a divorce lawyer on speed dial if I ever utter that crazy idea."

Douglas has been in Vermont politics since 1973, first representing Middlebury in the state legislature and winning the Governor's office eight years ago. He says he will continue to serve Vermonters in some capacity,just not a public one.