Monday, August 31, 2009

Woman Walks from New Orleans to Vermont

A Pennsylvania woman set out on a 1,100 mile journey that ended in our region, her goal was to raise awareness of global warming.

65-year-old Greta Browne spent the past five months walking the entire length of U.S. Route 11 which runs from New Orleans to Rouses Point, New York. As a lifelong activist, Browne began her Climate Walk to bring attention to what she believes is one of the most pressing challenges we face, but admits that it may take a while for others to catch on. Browne said quote--"I always consider myself just a drop in the bucket, change and awareness is very incremental, I know it takes me a long time to actually go with something sometimes. We're resistant so my goal was not to do too much, I didn't have a big goal, it was just to raise awareness and be one of those little dots in people's awareness."

.